Domestic flights resumed operations from May 25 in India. And although the domestic flights have been operating in a limited capacity, this has not deterred people from travelling. However, during the current times, most of us are apprehensive about our safety. Apart from this, quarantine rules are different in each state, thereby creating a lot of confusion among the travellers.
To sort this out, keep this article handy if you are arriving at Mumbai airport. Here are all the quarantine details applicable in Mumbai that you need to know.
For international travel
- Those arriving at Mumbai airport via a Vande Bharat flight, and have no connecting flight to take, will have to undergo institutional quarantine for seven days after their exit from the airport. And this will be followed by home quarantine for another seven days.
- Then, if you arrive via Vande Bharat flight, and want to travel further via road to your destination state, you will have to go through both institutional and home quarantine rules, as you will be leaving the airport technically.
- People taking any other international flights other than Vande Bharat, which has further air connectivity, will have to keep in mind the quarantine rules of the destination state.
- Also, if you are arriving at Mumbai airport from any other country on an international flight, rather than Vande Bharat flight and want to exit, both institutional quarantine and home quarantine, each for seven days, will be applicable.
For domestic travel
- If you board a domestic flight from any state and arrive at Mumbai airport, you can exit the airport, but will have to remain in home quarantine for 14 days.
- Now, if you are arriving at Mumbai airport, and will be returning within seven days, no quarantine rule will apply.
- If you are arriving at Mumbai airport and have further air connectivity, you will have to follow the quarantine rule of the destination state.
- In case you want to take a Vande Bharat flight but arrive on a domestic flight, and are not leaving the airport after arriving, you will not have to undergo any quarantine. Remember to check the quarantine rules of your destination before planning such a trip.
All passengers are expected to have the Aarogya Setu app downloaded in their phone, and also submit a self-declaration form on arrival. Also, those visiting Mumbai for a short duration, i.e., less than seven days, they will be required to share details of their onward journey with the authorities.
Before leaving the airport, you will have to undergo thermal check at arrivals, and will be stamped on your left hand.